The common principle on which most home security systems work is the idea of securing the entry points including doors and windows. This will also include securing the valuables including computers, guns, art pieces, money chests and collectibles. From home to home, the number of security components deployed and monitored by the control panel might vary.
Security systems basics
By their very name, security systems can be understood as the method by which something is secured. This is achieved through a system of interworking devices and components. home security systems consist of integrated electronic devices linked through a control panel for gaining protection gainst burglars and others intruding into the properties.
Components of a home security system
Control panel that controls the entire home security system
Sensors installed on doors and windows
Motion sensors installed inside and outside the home
Security cameras either wired or wireless
High decibel alarm
Window stickers and yard signs
How home security system work?
The simple concept behind a home security system is securing the entry points to the property with sensors that can connect with a command center or control panel installed in the home at a convenient location. While the sensors are installed in the doors and windows, the open spaces are usually secured with motion sensors.
Control panel is meant to arm or disarm the security systems and also communicate with all the different components of the system. While there is a security breach, the alarm is sounded and communication is sent to the monitoring company.
- Sensors installed on doors and windows have two parts with one installed on the door frame and the other installed in the door with both of them touching each other and establishing a circuit when the door is in closed position. While opening the door, this circuit is broken and the system deems it as a security breach. Now the high decibel alarm is sounded and the alarm monitoring company is notified.
- The motion sensors protect a given space by deeming it as an invisible zone. If there is any breach they sound the alarm. This feature is applied to rooms containing valuables.
- Surveillance cameras are meant to serve different purposes as part of a security system. They are usually depended on for monitoring the areas of the property that are difficult to see. The aspects covered usually include the garages, workshops, garage, front doors, entry points and barns.
- High decibel alarms notify the homeowners regarding the intrusion, alerts the neighborhood and sends the burglars running in panic.
- The yard signs and window stickers also play a crucial role in home security. When they are placed in a way noticed, they send a signal to the burglars that your property is under professional protection and it is not a wise target to attempt breaking it.